Roof repair is one of the most critical aspects of a home maintenance schedule. This is because ignoring a damaged roof can cause severe problems to your home. For instance, a leaking roof can lead to mold growth, causing health risks to your family. It would help if you kept your roof in good shape at all times. “But how do I maintain my roof?” Read on for helpful tips!
Repair Your Roof
First, check your shingles, tiles, and metal materials regularly. If you notice a crack or missing piece, you should inspect the entire roof to see the extent of the damage. Bigger cracks may require repair as soon as possible.
You may be wondering, “How do I fix my roof?” The best way out is to get a professional who can:
- Inspect your roof for leaks: At Celtic Roofing, we will inspect your roof for leaks in your attic and ceilings and advise you on your next cause of action.
- Wash your roof: Wash your roof regularly to detect any emerging issues and help prolong your roof’s lifespan. We recommend you clean your roof in the autumn and spring to keep it free of debris, lichen, moss, and other elements that could damage it.
- Clean your gutters: Cleaning your roof regularly can help protect the gutters and ensure they are working correctly.
- Trim any overhanging branches: Falling leaves, debris, and water from overhanging branches can cause damage to your roof. So, keep the overhanging branches trimmed.
- Patch up the chimney: You should also patch up your chimney to prevent fire risks and avoid potential repairs that can be far more expensive than preventative costs.
Is My Roof Safe And Structurally Sound?
At Celtic Roofing, we will help you perform a complete roof inspection. Our professionals have over 30 years of experience to advise on whether to clean, repair, or replace your roof. Contact us online or call us at (720) 270-1300 to schedule a free consultation.