Below is a step-by-step guide to filing an insurance claim and being confident that your home is restored to its original state.
Being aware of some details on the front end can ensure that your claims process is an efficient and enjoyable experience.
Celtic Roofing has a long and successful history of working with many insurance companies and we utilize the same software that insurance companies use to itemize damage to your home. What that means to you is that we speak the same language as your insurance company. All communication and billing will therefore be efficient and straightforward. You can be assured that what needs repaired….gets repaired.
- If you’ve already filed a claim, please contact us for a free estimate.
- If you’re unsure if you should file a claim please contact us for a free analysis and assistance.
Ideally, your claims process flows in the following order:
- Hail, wind, or physical damage to home.
- Report damage to your insurance agent. Most likely, there will already be adjusters in your area.
- Adjuster will schedule an appointment with you in 24 -48 hours.
- Meanwhile, make a list of damage that you see when walking around your home. Things to look for are dents in gutters, fascia and metal around windows. Also, look for broken flowerpots and damage to lawn furniture. If there is damage to your car, then there is damage to your roof. One way to assess roof damage without having to get on the roof is to inspect gutter drainage after a rain to see if there are any roof granules.
- Make sure you are home for adjuster’s scheduled appointment.
- A good option is to have a contractor there to meet with the adjuster. This can simplify the claims process and allow for repairs to begin sooner.
- Statement of Loss is written up by the adjuster.The adjuster will either leave you this statement of loss or you will receive it in the mail in a few days (See glossary). The statement of loss will itemize your losses, and the estimated cost of repair. This shows what work the insurance company is repairing to restore your property back to its original condition before the storm.
- Work is completed by a licensed, insured contractor and insurance claim is closed out.